Are you looking for a new employment opportunity and have an interest in the circular economy and the transition to net zero? Whether you are a recent graduate, returning to the work environment or looking to reskill in the Green Economy, you could find your next role via Step Up to Net Zero. If interested, please read about the eligibility criteria and how to apply below.
What is Step Up to Net Zero?
Step Up to Net Zero, which is fully funded by Glasgow City Council, offers fully funded four-month work placements to support Glasgow’s businesses in reaching their net zero and circular ambitions. Your role will be to support the business in implementing an Action Plan, progressing activity that supports the organisation’s circular and net zero ambitions. The recommendations set out in each business’s Action Plan will be specific to the individual organisation, and therefore your responsibilities will vary according to the business you are placed with. However, examples of responsibilities could include:
- Researching and implementing circular business models
- Calculating carbon footprint and applying changes to reduce emissions
- Reviewing options to use waste as a resource or design out waste
- Educating staff on circular economy and net zero principles
- Identifying opportunities for businesses to collaborate to create joint value
- Reviewing supply chain to identify sustainable opportunities
You will be upskilled/reskilled on the net zero and circular economy agenda throughout your placement and will gain real industry insights and experience. You will also be provided with external mentoring support and industry-specific training opportunities during your placement. Following the end of the placement, Glasgow Chamber of Commerce would support the participants in their path to further employment. Businesses may choose to retain the participant as an employee following the four-month funded placement.
Who is this programme for?
The programme is open to people of any age however, due to the nature of the work involved, we recommend that you are 21+ and have some experience of the work environment. We are looking to support people from three key groups:
- Those who are returning to the work environment.
- Individuals who have recently graduated.
- Those who are currently working but looking for a career change.
Further eligibility criteria:
- You must have a Glasgow City Council postcode.
- You must not currently be in full time education.
- You must be able to commit between 16-25 hours per week to the role.
Next Steps – How to Apply
- View vacancies
- Once you have found a vacancy you’d like to apply for, please complete the Job Application & Equalities Monitoring Form.
- We will review applications and contact suitable candidates to have an informal interview to discuss the role.
- If successful in the informal interview, your application will then be passed to the business to allow them to carry out an interview with you. Our team will contact you to arrange interview dates and times.
- Following the interview with the business, we will inform you if you have been successful.
You can apply for multiple vacancies, however, we encourage you to research the businesses and individualise your applications accordingly.
If you have any questions or would like more information about the Step Up to Net Zero programme, please contact email@example.com.